In this article, we are going to discuss how to organize a pantry with deep shelves. Have you ever opened your pantry and have been completely overwhelmed by the clutter of things and groceries which come crashing down on you as soon as you open your pantry? If your answer to that is yes then the “how to organize your pantry with deep shelves” guide has come to your rescue! Read along & in just a few simple steps you can know how to manage your pantry with different kinds of drawers and get an idea to choose the best depths of shelves for your pantry.
How to organize a pantry closet with deep shelves
We will follow a two-step process here:
- Emptying The Pantry: First things first, to organize your pantry you will need to take out all the stuff one shelf at a time. Select the shelf that seems to be the emptiest out of all other shelves. Take out all the items present on that shelf and clean the shelf for hygiene. Repeat the same with the remaining shelves & as you remove the groceries, arrange them category-wise on a table or a floor according to your comfort.
- Loading The Pantry: Now that the shelves are empty & cleaned up and the groceries are sorted, you can start loading up/organizing the pantry now. An efficient way to load up is to use waste bins if you have any and put the same category items in the bin and place the bin on the shelf. This makes it easier for you to see the items placed at the far back of the shelf and prevents the items from spreading on the shelf, however, do not overdo the bins as it can lead to the bins taking up more space than required. It is advisable to put the frequently used stuff like spices, salt, etc. At the front of the shelf for quick and easy access every day.
And with that, your pantry closet with deep shelves has been organized! Here is how to organize a pantry with deep shelves.
How Do I Organize My Deep Drawers?
Out of everything else, drawers get filled and cluttered the most and are almost always running out of space to keep new things in them, so here some ways in which you can organize your deep drawers!
- Take Everything Out: Starting with the oldest method in the book, empty the deep drawers. While you unload the drawers, make piles of stuff that you require, a pile of things that you do not need anymore, and make a pile of stuff that you can sell in a thrift store which can help you get a few bucks while organizing!
- Pick A Spot: Since all the drawers are emptied now you can pick a unique spot for all your items. Make sure you put items of the same category in the same spot and the items which are not needed often can be put below the frequently used items.
- Drawer Organizers: To avoid items from mixing each other in the same drawers you can put a drawer organizer in the drawer which will divide your deep drawer into different sections which consequently helps in a much cleaner and well-organized look.
How Do I Organize My Drawers DIY?
Tidying up the drawers certainly has its own magical experience to it, it lightens your mood up and gives you a sense of accomplishment, so here are some easy ways on how to organize drawers DIY.
- Empty The Drawers: Take out all the stuff from the drawer and arrange them in categories and make a pile of things that come under a common category. Pick out items that you longer have any use for and keep them separate for either donating or throwing away, this will help create some extra space in the drawer.
- DIY Divider: To make a DIY divider, first, measure the length and breadth of the drawer. Now, take a waste cardboard box and cut 2 pieces of cardboard according to the measurements of the drawer & then place the cardboard in such a way that it makes 4 sections in the drawer or 2 sections as per your preference.
- Putting things back: Now, all you need to do is simply pick the items and place them in different sections made by the divider and place them according to your comfort.
How Do I Organize My Pull Pantry Shelves?
A pull pantry is much more efficient than a regular pantry as it is more convenient to use & it does not require you to bend your back to reach for items on the far backside of the pantry shelf. Here are a few tips on how to organize a pantry with deep shelves
- Empty It: Remove all the contents of your pantry and separate the things which are no longer needed. This helps to create extra space in your pantry. Put together the stuff which belongs in the same category, for example, put all the soda cans together and all kinds of cheeses together.
- Put Labels: Use labels on different pullout shelves so it will be easier to find your things when you need them instead of spending time looking for the stuff on diverse shelves.
- Putting things together: Now, place all the sorted items back on the shelves, arrange the items together in a way that you put frequently used items on the top shelves and least used items on the bottom shelf. You can also put items that you wanna avoid getting on a toddler’s hand on the top shelf!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you deal with deep shelves?
The best way to deal with them is to place the items in a bin so that it becomes easier to spot items that are pushed at the back of the shelf.
What is the best depth for pantry shelves?
The best depth for pantry shelves is between 16-20 inches deep & around 20-24 inches apart. Pantry shelves for smaller items can be between 14-16 inches deep.
Also, check out Can you Freeze Soy Milk, Can you freeze Brie? and Can You Freeze Deli Meat to know more.