Kitchen knives are great for accomplishing many small tasks in the kitchen. Without the knives, it would be impossible to have all the dishes that we’re enjoying at the moment. It’s also commonplace to have at least two kitchen knives as different knives work differently and are used for various tasks. Let’s find out some of the best Chef Knife under 200.
Kitchen knives come in different types and sizes, obviously meant to be used in various tasks. The different types are serrated, hard cleaver, chef’s knife, paring knives, etc. Many people keep an elaborate collection of kitchen knives in their kitchen.
All these knives are intended for different occasions. For example, chef’s knives are ideal for cutting large meat chunks and dicing vegetables and fruits. Slicing knives are suitable for cutting crunchy fruits and vegetables too.
However, understandably so, many people find it hard to find the products they’re looking for. This market situation primarily arises due to imperfect knowledge and a massive variety of similar choices. We understand that this is a tough job, and hence, we decided to make a buying guide to help you out.
We did some exhaustive research of the entire market for knives and made a comprehensive list of the best chef knife under 200.
J.A. Henckels International Statement Knife Block Set
Alaoki 8″ Japanese Steel Kitchen Knife
ROMANTICIST 8 Inch Professional Kitchen Knife
MOSFiATA 8” Super Sharp Titanium Plated Chef’s Knife
Home Hero 17 Pieces Kitchen Knives Set
TooSharp 8 inch Kitchen Knife
Aicok 6 piece Kitchen Knife Set
Best chef Knife Under 200 – Buying Guide
Factors like customer satisfaction, sharpness, durability, and design have been considered while making this list. Other factors may be more critical for you, based on your diverse kitchen needs.
Factors You Need to Look For In Best chef Knife Under $200
- Durability: You don’t want to face the situation of your knives getting broken, spoilt, or dented after one month of buying them. That’s why you need to ensure that the blades are durable. You do this by providing that the materials that kitchen knives are made of are of high quality.
Doing this little research can save you a lot of time and resources. Repurchasing another kitchen knife is a huge hassle that can be avoided.
- Blade handle: The blade handle needs to be flexible and tight enough to offer the chef enough control. It is best if the blade handle is ergonomic. Also, ergonomic blade handles shouldn’t give you wrist pain after prolonged usage. This is absolutely important if you use it for long periods.
Best chef Knife Under 200 Reviews
J.A. Henckels is a German company founded in 1895 that produces and sells kitchenware products. It is one of the oldest and well-established manufacturers of scissors, kitchen knives, and cookware. Their collection includes knife sets, frying pans, flatware sets, kitchen shears, etc.
This specific product- J.A. Henckels Knife Block Set is a testimony to the brand’s high-quality standard. This 15-piece block set comes in three colors: light brown, natural and brown. The knives are made of stainless steel material, which is super high quality.
Customers’ reviews for this product are fantastic, and should you purchase it, and you’ll also see exactly why it’s so great! It’s easily one of the best chef knife under 200.
- This set includes a paring knife, serrated utility knife, santoku knife, bread knife, Chef’s knife, kitchen shears, steak knife, and a hardwood block.
- The stainless steel blades boast a professional satin finish that is extremely precise in cutting and ideal for long-term durability.
- The knives are dishwasher safe.
- The knife handles are triple-riveted and ergonomically designed, which makes them comfortable for daily use.
- They are incredibly sharp and offer you a variety of knives for different cutting purposes. The bread knife is perfect for cleanly slicing through sourdough, the chef’s knife for herbs and dicing onions, and the santoku knife is ideal for mincing garlic due to its mini indentations.
- The knives are very lightweight too due to their full tang design, which provides fatigue-free cutting and quickly makes the product one of the best chef knife set under 200.
Alaoki is an American company that manufactures good quality knives and other kitchenware products. They have a good collection of professional chef knives that can be comfortably used in home cooking too.
This product- Alaoki Professional Kitchen Knife is a single piece and does not come in a set. If you’re in search of an excellent quality knife for food prep but not sure if you’re ready to invest in a whole bunch, then go for this one!
The blade quality is superb and extremely sharp. Also, at this price, it is one of the best chef knife under 200. The product comes in a right sturdy box lined with red felt. So not only is the quality of the knife excellent, the presentation is visually appealing as well.
- The knife blade is 8 inches long, which is the ideal length for most customers because it can easily cut through large vegetables while also being manageable for many home cooks.
- The material is stainless steel, which is excellent as it has high resistance and long durability.
- The knife handle is made of pakkawood, which is better than the usual cheap plastic or unfinished wood. It is durable and robust and will retain the rich look of natural wood.
- It is specifically designed so as not to give wrist pain and offer maximum user control.
- Its ergonomic handle is also very user-friendly and comfortable. All these fantastic features truly make it one of the best chef knives under $200.
ROMANTICIST is a company that sells various kitchen products, including knives. Besides their knife collection, this brand has a wide range of products such as BBQ tool sets, griddle kits, grill accessories, grill cleaning brush, ash tool rake, etc.
This product is one of the best chef knife for under 200. This is because it has a fantastic combination of beautiful features that make the knife so comfortable and practical to use!
Its sharpness is incredible, and it can perform multiple tasks from chopping onions, slicing salmon, dicing tomatoes to boning chicken and various other complicated tasks. Whether it’s for your personal use or to gift someone on a special occasion, this product is ideal for purchase as it looks and feels premium and super high quality. It truly is one of the best chef knives under $200.
- The wood handle is beautiful with a classic triple-rivet design. Not only is it visually stunning, but it is also extremely comfortable due to the ergonomic design, making it ideal for fatigue-free cutting.
- This knife is also very lightweight, so it offers maximum user control.
- It can easily be stored in a case, so it’s great for portability and convenient storage.
- It is dishwasher safe, but the brand recommends handwashing for more extended durability.
- The blade is made of high-quality carbon stainless steel, which is excellent for resisting rust and discoloration.
- The blade is also incredibly sharp due to the skillfully crafted edges. It will easily cut through most foods without any problem.
MOSFiATA is a well-reputed online store founded in 2008 that strives to manufacture high-quality products at affordable prices. The company’s collection includes products ranging from essential home goods to the latest technology. They sell popular household and kitchen products such as rice cookers, air purifiers, coffee makers, garden tools, etc., and also toys and games.
According to most customers, the company produces the best chef knife under 200. This specific product- MOSFiATA titanium-plated chef’s knife is proof of their high-quality standards. Let’s take a quick look at some of its features.
- The blade is made of premium German stainless steel, and it is titanium coated. Such a combination is perfect for preventing rust and scratches.
- It is incredibly sharp and has fantastic durability due to the hand-polished edge, which is sturdy and quick enough to challenging kitchen tasks.
- The Micarta handle is solid and economically designed. It minimizes wrist pain and offers a secure and comfortable grip.
- The handle also has the classic triple rivet design, which is visually appealing and also highly durable.
- The knife comes with a knife sharpener and a finger guard. You can keep your blade sharp and protect your fingers with these two extra items.
- The knife is packed in a stylish looking black gift box that seems to be of superior quality. So it would make the perfect gift for a friend or a family member.
Home Hero is a company that manufactures high-quality kitchen knives and knife sets, among other things. Besides knives, their collection boasts a wide range of products that include kitchen utensil sets, food silicone bags, cookware, vanity mirror, bed sheets, pillowcases, etc.
This specific product- Home Hero Kitchen Knives Set is mighty and useful. Many customers have left excellent reviews about the product and recommend it as the best chef knife under 200.
- This set includes 13 stainless steel knives, a peeler, scissors, an acrylic stand, and a knife sharpener. Such a comprehensive collection of kitchen tools in one set is super versatile!
- The knives are made of excellent quality stainless steel, so the blades are fantastic.
- The blades are also coated with non-stick paint for easy cutting and cleaning and have ergonomic handles for a comfortable grip.
- This combination makes for sharp and sturdy knives that are highly resistant to rust and scratches.
- All the knives offer the best experience for different purposes- some for carving, some for slicing cheese, some for paring, etc.
- Six steak knives are included in the set!
TooSharp is a small company that is well-known for its production of helpful and innovative household essentials. This kitchen knife is said to be one of the best kitchen knives available at very reasonable prices.
- This knife is ideal for cutting a wide range of items from bread to vegetables, meats to fruits. With the sharpness provided by this knife, you can be your own master chef in the kitchen.
- It is an all-round knife that can be used for many tasks.
- With a thickness of 2.4 mm, this knife is the ideal knife for cutting efficiently. Also, its sharpness is legendary as it’s been designed and crafted by talented craftsmen with lots of experience.
- It has an ergonomic blade handle that offers a tight grip and optimal flexibility.
Aicok is a reputed company that has produced a variety of high-quality household essential items. These items range from kitchen knives to mixer grinders. Even this kitchen knife set has one of the best kitchen knife under 200 in the market with very remarkable features.
- These knives have been made with the best imported German stainless steel. That’s precisely why these knives have high durability and high resistance to rust and damage.
- Since these blades have been tested with standard rigorous procedures, they’re sharp and resilient.
- It has an ergonomic knife handle.
- It has even a knife guard to give your fingers protection.
- These knives can be used for many functions.
Also, checkout 7 Best Dalstrong Knife Review, if you are on the market to buy good knives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best chef knife under $200?
It is close to impossible to find the best chef knife under $200 objectively. Everyone has their own preferences.
2. What is the best chefs knife under 200?
While it’s tough to find the best chefs knife under 200, you can look for features like durability, ergonomic handle, size, etc.