Cooking rice isn’t hard. It’s one of the simplest foods to produce in terms of kitchen expertise, right up there with toast and cereal. If you ever consider buying a rice cooker then go for the best Japanese rice cooker otherwise why bother at all. In the past, readers have had intense feelings towards rice cookers. “Why bother with a rice cooker when you can just cook rice on the stovetop?” you might wonder. That is an excellent question. Why use a toaster if you can just toast your bread in the oven? If you can squeeze fruit with your fingertips, why get a juicer? It’s more convenient. It’s all foolproof, which is probably the most critical reason.
The biggest benefit of a rice cooker is that it always cooks perfect rice. Rice is no exception to the fact that we’re all capable of messing up even the small stuff now and then. Rice is a wonderful, flexible staple, and the rice cooker is an equally versatile appliance. It may also be used for other purposes, such as steaming veggies or baking a cake! You won’t have to think about burned rice again, and you won’t have to stress about the cooking process. And the best Japanese rice cookers come with a measuring cup and labels on the inner pot that indicate how much rice and water to use with the amount you’re cooking.
Toshiba TRCS01 Cooker
MOOSUM Small Rice Cooker
Instant Pot DUO60 Qt 7-in-1
Aroma houseware ARC-6106AW Digital Rice Cooker
Panasonic 5 cup Japanese Rice Cooker SR-HZ106
Best Japanese Rice Cooker- Buying Guide
Since rice is such an important part of the Japanese diet, the Japanese are very particular about it. As a result, the best Japanese rice cooker is of an exceptional standard. But you must get yourself the perfect rice cooker according to your requirements.
Factors in Choosing the Best Japanese Rice Cooker
What you should know before buying the best Japanese rice cooker for your kitchen
The largest amount of cups of uncooked rice you can cook in one go is usually referred to as capacity. Smaller models can only cook approximately five cups of rice, while larger models can cook up to ten cups. The minimum number of cups that can be cooked at one time is rarely specified, but it is normally about two cups, while some of the larger rice cookers can allow for more.
2. Ease of use
Few things which make a Japanese rice cooker easier to use:
- Cleaning is a lot easier with a non-stick tub.
- It’s easier to lift with large handles, particularly when it’s full.
- It’s easier to transport and pack since the cord is detachable.
- Controls that are clearly labeled and understandable.
3. Lid Type
There are two types of Lid option available with the best Japanese electric rice cookers
Advantage: they’re normally less expensive, easy to use, and clean, and you can usually see how they’re doing through the glass lid.
Disadvantage: When used to capacity, they will rattle and splashes starchy water onto the countertop.
Advantages: eliminates countertop spills and rattle.
Disadvantage: Cleaning is a bit more difficult. The inner lid is normally reusable and can be cleaned in the wash, but the outer lid, especially the stem vent, needs to be cleaned as well. A reversible vent is also available on some lids.
Best Japanese Rice Cooker Reviews
- It is a multifunctional rice cooker with a LED display screen with 12 different menus which enables you to cook rice, porridge stew, and soups with perfection.
- Best Japanese rice cooker with stainless steel inner pot which provides optimal temperature and heat distribution to your food
- Gives you an option to select between dual-mode of high pressure and no pressure cooking.
- The intelligent cooking algorithm gives you an energy-saving cooking experience.
- It has a different setting for different types of rice, for perfect texture, flavor, and aroma. For example, white rice, brown rice, oatmeal, or porridge.
- It has a quick rice feature that accelerates the cooking process to 30 minutes.
- The keep-warm setting is automatically activated when the cooking is complete and holds the contents at serving temperature for up to 24 hours.
- It has a removable large steam vent which allows the steam to rise to prevent any bubbling over or overflow.
- The rice cooker has a timer that cooks the rice perfectly at the time set by the user.
- It has a transparent glass lid that allows you to check your food at the given point which makes it the best Japanese rice cooker.
- The rice cooker comes with a durable as well as nonstick inner cooking pan which makes cleaning more convenient.
- A plastic measuring cup is included with any Zojirushi rice cooker.
- It is a portable mini rice cooker with 1-5 cups of capacity.
- It is the best affordable Japanese rice cooker.
- This 400-watt rice cooker comes with a rice spoon, measuring cup, a detachable nonstick pot, Steam rack, and a shopping bag
- The inner pot has a double layer nonstick coating inside which makes the cleaning easy.
- You can cook a range of food items including, soup, pasta, quinoa, stew, and even steamed veggies.
- The keep-warm feature keeps the rice ready for serving.
- MUSEUM is the best Japanese rice cooker manufacturing brand.
- As the name suggests, this appliance is an electronic pressure cooker, rice maker, slow cooker, yogurt machine, steamer, pan, and food warmer.
- It has 13 smart touch customizable programs and an autopilot mode.
- It is one best Japanese rice cookers.
- It reduces the cooking time by 70% as compared to the traditional cooking methods.
- It has stainless steel sides and a dishwasher-safe lid.
- Best simple Japanese rice cooker
- It is a 3 in 1 appliance, a rice cooker, a food steamer, and a slow cooker.
- It perfectly cooks 4 to 12 cups of any variety of rice.
- You can steam veggies and cook rice at the same time.
- It includes a steam tray, rice measuring cup, and a serving spatula.
- Panasonic is the best Japanese rice cooker brand.
- It has a 7-layer Inner pan with diamond coating and a nonstick inner pan with exterior copper coating.
- 13 Pre-set cooking programs cook a variety of rice.
- The automatic shut-off function prevents overcooking
- It has a built-in Unami- enhancing taste catcher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Japanese rice cookers better?
Since rice is such an important part of the Japanese diet, the Japanese are very particular about it. As a result, Japanese rice cookers are of exceptional consistency.
2. Why are Japanese rice cookers so expensive?
They’re more than just a cheap rice cooker, and therefore the best Japanese-made rice cookers demand such a high price. Rice is also regarded as “just rice” by Westerners. However, rice is used in a variety of forms in eastern cultures. Sushi rice, for example, is not the same as rice found in pudding or soup.
3. What is the best rice cooker on the market?
There are a lot of companies that make rice cookers, but determining the best Japanese rice cooker is difficult. There are different parameters based on which you can determine the best Japanese rice cookers and it’s not important that all the parameters indicate towards a specific model, there might be different models from different companies.
4. What should I look for when buying a rice cooker?
Choosing the right rice cooker can be a difficult task.Japanese rice cookers are packed with a bunch of features and they are very effective. However, there are a few things to consider before purchasing a Japanese rice cooker:
Size and capacity
Easy to operate
Types of lids
5. What is the best affordable rice cooker?
There are many low-cost Japanese rice cookers that are made of high-quality materials and are simple to clean. To avoid scratching and to make it easier to use, you can look for a rice cooker that includes a non-stick cooking pot. You can a huge amount of Japanese rice cookers starting from the range of $20.