Rice is the simplest ingredient to cook. Rice can be cooked to make the tastiest and the hardest dish ever to the simplest dish that you can at when you have an upset stomach. Rice is a dish that is being eaten in almost all parts of the world. People all around the world love to eat rice.
Rice goes about with anything. however, to make the best dish out of rice, it first needs to be cooked properly. Only when it is boiled properly does it taste good. A lot of times a very common mistake that people do is they either overcook the rice or undercook it. By using the best pot to cook rice you can boil rice excellently boiling it very finely and only as much as it was needed to be boiled.
Aroma Houseware Rice Cooker
Instant pot 10-in-1 electric pressure cooker
Black+Decker Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Breville BPR700BSS fast slow pro cooker
Tiger JBV rice cooker with steam cooker and slow cooker
Zojirushi NS-TSC 10D100
Aroma Houseware Professional Digital Rice cooker
- What is the importance of a rice pot?
- Best Pot To Cook Rice – Buying Guide
- Best Pot To Cook Rice Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the importance of a rice pot?
However easy rice looks to cook, it is surprisingly not so easy and a bit stressful to cook. You must be cautious of how much water you have added, the proportions, the number of whistles, and whether it has been cooked properly or not. And while you are cooking rice alone at your house, the pressure and stress while cooking it escalates enormously. And the last thing you look forward to while cooking is overcooking the rice.
If you have been through this ever in your life, you will know the hassle it creates to not only wash the entire vessel but the disappointment that comes with it. therefore, if you love cooking rice and more than that if you are a very big fan of eating rice then you should invest in one of the best pot to cook rice.
What are the various methods of cooking rice?
Rice is a common staple diet for a lot of people and the majority of the nation. There are so many things that you can make with rice that the list goes on and on and on. Rice is like a blank canvas that you can do anything with.
There are a lot of methods of making rice. 2 of the most important ways are:
- Boiling the rice:
The most common method of eating rice is by boiling it. It is the easiest and the fastest way to eat rice. All you need to do is portion your rice and put it in a pan with water and boil it till it is soft and chewy.
- Steaming the rice:
Steaming the rice is again a very easy method. You will need a rice pot or a pressure cooker. All you need to do is put it in the rice pot and let the cooker whistle 2-3 times.
The quantity of water you add to the rice at this step is very important. If you add little water then there is a high chance that the rice might get burnt.
What is the difference between a pot and a pan?
A pot and a pan are 2 very different cooking utensils. A pan is a smaller utensil with a very wide mouth and a handle to hold it. Whereas, a pot is a long and deep utensil that is used for cooking liquid dishes. You can cook chilly, pasta, sauces, and all things liquid in a pot due to its deep base. On the other hand, on a pan, you can cook all flat surfaced things like pancakes, eggs, and anything that needs to be shallow or deep-fried.
Every kitchen must have 1 pot and 1 pan at least. These are 2 very essential kitchen appliances one must-have. However, if you are a bit tight on budget and do not wish to spend much then you can invest in a pot for starters. The advantage of buying a pot over a pan is that you can use a pot to do the works of a pan but you cannot do the same in a pan.
What are the safe ways to cook rice?
If rice isn’t cooked properly then it can make your stomach sick. That is the reason why checking the texture and whether it is cooked or not before eating the rice is very important.
The most proper way of cooking rice is by covering it with any kind of lid or a plate. Never keep the rice open for too long. Cooking rice does kill the bacteria but keeping it open can cause bacteria to reappear.
Differentiating rice from the bacteria roaming around it is not easy and there may be times when you cannot understand them and eat the rice causing you to get sick.
Always store rice in a cool area. Keep it refrigerated at all times. You can store the leftover rice for atleast 4-5 days inside the refrigerator but still, make sure that you do not eat food that is so old as it may cause stomach sickness.
A lot of people microwave the rest of the food in their microwaves. Even though it is a very nice and convenient way, try to either reheat it in a pan or otherwise, if you are doing it in the microwave then keep it for a longer duration. Let the rice get heated very well.
Since you cannot see or smell or even taste the contamination in rice, it is better that you do not take any risks and heat it properly so that any lurking bacteria is dead by the time you are ready to eat.
Best Pot To Cook Rice – Buying Guide
Quality purchase is the most satisfactory thing you can look for. There are a lot of productsavailable in the market but making a purchase that you know is the best buy is not that tough if you know what you want.
Factors to look for while buying the best pot to cook rice:
- Stove vs Oven:
The most common concern amongst people is whether the utensil they are looking for should be oven save or a regular gas pot. Some pots are capable of handling the high heat temperature of the oven and also be accessible on gas.
If you’re sure that you will be making rice very often then you can add a few dollars and buy yourself a pot that is compatible with gas, induction, and oven.
Rice pots are available in a lot of various sizes. Choose a pot depending on the size of the family you have and the portions of food you mostly eat. If you host parties or have a large family and eat large portions of food then there is no harm in investing in a big rice pot.
For a lot of dishwares, brand influences the purchase a lot. If you choose a good brand then you have the surety that your utensil is going to be durable and last for a long duration.
Best Pot To Cook Rice Reviews
It is one of the best pot for cooking rice. Health freaks shield not think twice before buying this pot because unlike other best rice pot for cooking, this product can also make brown rice.
- It is a perfect rice cooker for cooking a large quantity of rice. You can make the best instant pot rice of about 8 regular cups with ease.
- Aroma houseware is one of the best pots to cook rice but it is also very efficient in cooking meat and vegetables. You can easily steam veggies and meat under rice in the same pot. It is one of the best pots to cook basmati rice.
- It has automatic white rice and brown rice temperature controls.
- You can set a delay trimmer for up to 14 hours later and it will start only once you set the timer and give the command to start.
- You can easily cook veggies, rice, grains, and many more with 8 simple functions just at the click of 1 button
- It has a separate spatula, steam clay, and even a measuring cup so that you can keep a count on the measurement you need to cook.
This is one of the best pots to cook rice. However, it can do way more than cook rice. You can cook a very large variety of things on this cooker.
- It is one of the best pots to cook Spanish rice, veggies, make a cake, scrambled eggs, and many more. You can use this pot as a steamer, yogurt maker, slow cooker, pressure cooker, and you can even use it sauté any of your dishes with the many programs given on the pot.
- It is an extremely quiet pot. If not too cautious and aware you will even forget that you had kept rice in the pot. It is that silent.
- People who have this pot have given their honesty reviews stating that this is the most used pot in all of their houses above any other utensil.
- It is one of the best pots to cook basmati rice. You can even make the best instant pot rice on this pot.
- Even though it has so many programs the usage of this pot is very easy. You do not need to be too tech-savvy to learn how to use it. it has a common central control and simple press programs.
For all those people who do not like cooking or even have time to try cookinganything, this is the best pot to cook rice for you. it is a rice poot for those who hate to cook.
- It is one of the best pots for cooking rice within a great budget. It is very cheap and does not affect me at all. This is the reason why it is favored by so many. It is the best pot to cook white rice.
- It is one of the best rice cookers for beginners because it has a transparent lid. This helps you in keeping a check on how much progress your rice has been making.
- It is the best pot to cook basmati rice. You will not feel like eating anything else apart from this rice once you taste it.
- It is one of the best pots for rice as it has an instruction manual thicker than your books. This manual will help you in understanding this best pot for rice as a 5 years old.
- You can also cook the best pot to cook jasmine rice in this pot.
This is a rice pot but it equally is very efficient in making other things too, you can make one of the best risotto in this pot.
- It is the best pot for rice and other dishes too. Too exhausted from work yet feel like eating a risotto? There is no need to stand in your kitchen for the next hour. Use this pot for making the best risotto instantly with ease.
- It is a very high-quality product and is very good for commercial use too.
- Apart from traditional rice, it is also one of the best pots to cook Jollof rice. It has automatic temperature, time, and pressure. You can cook a lot more things than just rice on this pot.
- It is one of the most durable rice pots. It has the most positive responses.
- If you have a large family that eats a lot of foodies, then you should not think much and consider this as a one-time investment.
If you have recently moved to a new apartment or are planning to move put soon, you can buy this one-pot once and most of your investment is done. It is one of the most resourceful utensils you can buy.
- It does the work of all kinds of utensils. It is the best pot for rice, but it is also a great vessel to cook other types of food. It is one of the best pots to cook Mexican rice.
- It has a “cook” system. This means that you can not only cook rice as the main ingredient but side by side you can also cook all the required veggies.
- It is very easy to clean. It has a non-stick inner pan that helps it in being stain-free. It is one of the best nonstick pots to cook rice for chicken.
It is one of the best pots to cook Puerto Rican rice. You can make some of the best rice dishes with this pot for rice.
It is one of the greatest and newer innovations in the rice pot department. It is one of the best pots to cook jasmine rice.
- Zojirushi has modern cooking options to help you in cooking a lot more things than just rice. It is one of the best pots to cook Mexican rice too. It has varied gestures which automatically change the temperature and appropriately help you cook everything.
- You can cook rice deliciously and way faster than normal on this pot. It is one of the best rice pots for all rice lovers.
- It is one of the few best pots to cook Persian rice. There aren’t many rice pot brands that help you in cooking Persian rice, but this one does.
This of the best pot for rice is a ceramic rice cooker. It is for all those people who are OCD freaks and do not like seeing anything untidy.
- It is made of ceramic and therefore is the best nonstick pot to cook rice.
- It is the best instant pot rice and is a multipurpose pot. You can cook a lot of traditional rice and cook pulses and meat in the same pot.
- It also has an inner pot and a steaming tray differently so that you can cook rice as well as veggies, meat, make soups, etc. within the same pot at the same time.
- It has a lot of special features that will help you in cooking a lot more things than just rice. It is the best pot to cook rice with 12 different features to cook veggies, pulses, and things more than rice within minutes.
Checkout, 4 Best Ramen Bowls,if you love eating ramen.
Also, If you have ever wanted to know Basmati vs Jasmine rice and which is better, check out our detailed article on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of pot is best for cooking rice?
The rice pot you choose depending on your choices and the size of people you will regularly feed. Ifyou have a family who eats large portions of rice then you might need a bigger rice pot. If you cook a lot more things than just rice then it is better that you pay a little extra and as a one-time investment buy a multipurpose rice pot. It is very useful and will help you a lot.
2. Can I cook rice in a stainless steel pot?
Yes, there are a lot of rice pots that are made up of stainless steel. Stainless steel rice pots are the best as they do not get dirty fast and it is very easy to clean a stainless steel rice pot.
3. Can I cook rice in a stockpot?
Yes, you can cook rice in a stockpot. You will have to regularly navigate the flame from medium to high to attain the perfect texture of rice. It may be a little hard and tedious to cook rice in a stockpot but yes, it definitely can be cooked properly.
4. Can you cook rice in a ceramic pot?
Ceramic pot is the best pot to cook rice. They are non-toxic as they are made of ceramic. Ceramic also allows the food to be removed out of the pot very easily. There is no worry about stains and extra cleaning of the pot. It is the best pot to cook Puerto Rican rice.
5. What is the healthiest cookware to use?
One of the healthiest cookware and the best pot to cook rice would be a ceramic one. Ceramic pots are very good alternates to the stainless steel pots we generally use. It is healthiest because you can avoid the stainless steel coating mixing with your food
Ceramic also helps in removing the food out of the pot seamlessly and chemical-free.