Do you remember when you bought that large fries from McDonald’s to go, took it home with you, full of excitement, just waiting to sit down and enjoy your fries, and by the time you got home they were all cold and soggy? Do you remember wondering how to reheat McDonald’s fries? Do you remember how you thought, “No problem, I’ll just put them in the microwave”, but then they came out hot and soggier? Well, if you have ever been in this position, be sure after reading this article, it will never be the same way again. This article will help with everything that you need to know about how to reheat McDonald’s fries.
There are a lot of food items that respond well to being heated in the microwave. French fries, wherever you got them from, are not those food items. There are a few ways, however, to reheat French fries and get them back to being crispy, the way they should be. The following are a few instructions on how to reheat McDonald’s fries.
Instructions for how to reheat McDonald’s fries
Best ways to reheat McDonald’s fries
- One way to do it is to use a frying pan. Put a tablespoon or so of cooking oil onto the pan and heat for a while. Once the oil is hot you can go ahead and put the fries into the pan. Make sure that the fries are in a single layer with each fry touching the pan If there are too many fries to do that, reheat them in batches. Fry for about 5 minutes, while stirring frequently. If your fries are thick, they may take a bit more time to heat up properly.
- Another good way is to just fry them again. Doing this also makes the outside of the fries crispy and makes the inside soft. Put a reasonable amount of oil in a fryer for deep frying. Once the oil is hot, add the fries and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. You may need to re-salt the fries when you are done.
- You could also put the fries in your oven. Preheat your oven to about 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit (200-230 degrees Celsius). Put an aluminum foil on your baking sheet and preheat that as well. Once that is done, put the fries on the baking sheet evenly and heat for about 5 minutes. The amount of time it will take will depend on how thick the fries are.
- You could also make use of an air fryer, if you have one. These don’t require oil, as the French fries are already covered in it. Just pop it in for about 5 minutes, and enjoy your fries, nice and crispy.
- If your oven has a grill function, you could make use of that to reheat fries. You can use an aluminum dish. Spread the fries out evenly on your aluminum dish. Put it in the oven on grill function. Keep the oven at about 180 degrees Celsius (about 350-360 degrees Fahrenheit). Heat for about 5 to 8 minutes. You can leave it in for about 10 minutes or so if you want your fries extra crispy.