Even the best of bests in cooking might make a mistake and make their non-stick pan burn, it is very common in cooking. If you are a lover of greasy food or a lover of eggs then while cooking them sometimes you might have come towards this problem and had asked, “ how to clean a burnt non-stick pan.”
A burnt non-stick pan is the result of improper cooking, you sometimes stir the food only occasionally, or heat the food too much that it leaves stains behind on your pan. These stains on the coating of the pan seem impossible to clean.
- Some common tips for how to clean a burnt non-stick pan
- How to clean a burnt non-stick pan?
- How to clean a burnt non-stick pan with baking soda?
- How to wash a burnt non-stick pan?
- How to clean a burnt ceramic non-stick pan?
- How to clean a burnt non-stick grill pan?
- How to clean a burnt white non-stick pan?
- How do I clean a burnt non-stick frying pan?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Some common tips for how to clean a burnt non-stick pan
- The first trick is the most basic trick and something you might have already tried. Use detergent and hot water, most of the time it is very effective. Fill the pan with some hot water put some drops of detergent in it boil it for 10-15 minutes, let all residuals from the pan’s surface come above, let it cool down for 10-20 minutes, now just throw all the water and clean normally.
- Another trick is by using white vinegar and baking soda. For this add, some hot water in the pan put some white vinegar in it, stir it thoroughly, boil the solution for some time then add 2 tablespoons of baking powder to it. Let the pan cool down a bit and throw the mixture, now just use a sponge and a normal dishwasher to clean it.
- If none of this works then try the salt. Again add some hot water to the pan put some salt in it mix the solution, let it rest for some time. Now try cleaning the stains with a dishwasher and sponge. If it does not go away, then again boil the pan with water and salt, throw the solution and clean it thoroughly.
Not only just poor cooking damages the non-stick pan but also factors like a distraction while cooking and not using a good dishwasher or the prescribed dishwasher could also damage the surface of a non-stick pan. So always pay attention while cooking and also read the dos and don’ts.
Now as we answered the question of “How to clean a burnt non-stick pan” let us look at some specific problems related to a burnt non-stick pan.
How to clean a burnt non-stick pan?
Whenever you get into such situations, always think fast and rationally. Use the dishwasher instantly, try to rinse the stains immediately. When the stains are hot there is a chance that they would get washed up, but once they cool down then they might give you a hard time cleaning them.
Do not use scratchy scrubs on the surface of your non-stick baking pans, they are not good for your pan and they may lead to a more deteriorating situation of your pan, so use softer scrubs for cleaning it.
You could also try a cleaning cocktail, add some water some vinegar heat it for some time, let the cocktail cool down a bit, and now clean it with a scrubber and a dishwasher. Here is how to clean a burnt non-stick pan.
How to clean a burnt non-stick pan with baking soda?
Baking soda is one of the best ingredients to clean the burnt non-stick pan and it is fairly easy to clean the pan with baking soda all you need to do is, heat your pan a bit add a fair amount of baking soda, and some water. Mix the solution well. After that let this solution get a cooldown. Throw the solution and wash the pan normally like you always do with some dishwasher and scrub.
How to wash a burnt non-stick pan?
It seems like you messed up while cooking and now need your pan to get cleaned. So don’t worry just follow these steps and you are good to go. Firstly fill the pan with some hot water and add some detergent to it, stir the solution, let it boil for some time. Now throw all the solution out and clean it normally. Most of the time this method works if it does not work then try using white vinegar first instead of detergents and then similarly throw the solution and clean the pan normally.
How to clean a burnt ceramic non-stick pan?
If you have somehow burnt your ceramic non-stick pan then there is no need to worry, all you have to do is add some water in the pan and now add some detergent. Let the pan soak this solution for sometime roughly 30-40 minutes now dip a sponge in it and clean it. Rinse well and your pan is clean.
How to clean a burnt non-stick grill pan?
Grill pans are different from normal pans. Grill pans have a different surface than normal pans. Making it difficult to clean if they ever get burnt. You could clean them by putting some hot water on the burnt surface, now add some detergent to it. Heat this solution and later let it cool down for a bit. Throw the solution and rinse it properly and now your pan is cleaner than ever.
How to clean a burnt white non-stick pan?
To clean a white non-stick pan, all you need to do is just add half a cup of white vinegar to hot water. Boil it for 10-15 minutes. All the residuals should float up to the top. Now throw this solution clean it with a towel and wash the pan with a scrubber and detergent.
How do I clean a burnt non-stick frying pan?
There are a lot of ways to do this but a simple method is by using salt. All you have to do is add water to the pan heat it a bit add some salt, stir the solution. Let it boil for some time. Now throw all the solution in the sink and clean it normally with a dishwasher and scrubber. All the stains and residuals will come out of your pan like nothing ever happened.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean a burnt Teflon coated pan?
Teflon is a tough synthetic resin used to coat non-stick cooking utensils. It is rare to get a Teflon pan burnt, but it is not impossible. So if you get your Teflon pan burnt and now you want to clean the stains then you could clean it by making a cleaning cocktail. This cocktail is made by adding half a cup of vinegar and one and a half cup of water to heat this cocktail. And now wait for it to get cool down a bit now throw the cocktail in the sink and wash your pan with normal cleaning soap which you use for dishes and scrubber.
How to clean a burnt grease from non-stick frying pans?
This method might look a little odd to you, but it is quite effective. You have to cover the pan’s surface with ketchup, allow it to sit properly for a night. Now add some detergent and scrub it off with water. It is now cleaner than ever.