A Serbian knife is also known as a chef’s knife. It has a longer and wider blade than other knives. This unique design aims to increase your efficiency in the kitchen and gets work done faster. The best Serbian chef knife is the choice of many professionals because of its durability, design, and sharpness. A knife is a necessity in the kitchen and all the chefs deserve to work with the best knives. A Serbian cooking knife is handmade and of high quality.
A good well-balanced knife is the most important and indispensable tool for a chef. And one cannot work in a kitchen without it. The handmade Serbian chef knife is a unique tool, which is heavy but sharp and is useful for finely chopping and slicing food items. It is not like regular knives. It is much more efficient because of the wider and sharper blade. It can cut through the bones of small animals like a chicken. Cooking was made easier with the use of the best Serbian chef knife.
A Serbian style chef knife is like a Chinese cleaver. A Chinese cleaver also features a big and sharp blade that excels in chopping, dicing, and slicing. The best Serbian chef knife review raves about the great quality and usefulness of a Serbian cooking knife in the kitchen. The best Serbian chef knife is not only useful indoors but outdoors too. It is a vastly purposeful tool that has many uses. A Serbian style chef knife is known as a butcher’s knife.
Dragon Riot High Carbon Steel Serbian Chef Knife
VK Damascus Handmade Carbon Steel Serbian Kitchen Chef Knife
Imarku Serbian Chef’s Knife Meat Cleaver
Kitchen Knife Cleaver – KOPALA
Promaja Handmade Serbian Chef’s Knife
ENOKING Hand Forged Full Tang Butcher Cleaver Knife
Gusman Cutlery Serbian Chef’s Knife
Serbian Chef Knife 5CR15 – XYJ
Promithi Full Tang Professional Kitchen Chef Knife
Imarku Butcher Knife Handmade Serbian Chef Knife
- Best Serbian Chef Knife – Buying Guide
- Best Serbian Chef Knife Reviews
- 1. Dragon Riot High Carbon Steel Serbian Chef Knife
- 2. VK Damascus Handmade Carbon Steel Serbian Kitchen Chef Knife
- 3. Imarku Serbian Chef’s Knife Meat Cleaver
- 4. Kitchen Knife Cleaver – KOPALA
- 5. Promaja Handmade Serbian Chef’s Knife
- 6. ENOKING Hand Forged Full Tang Butcher Cleaver Knife
- 7. Gusman Cutlery Serbian Chef’s Knife
- 8. Serbian Chef Knife 5CR15 – XYJ
- 9. Promithi Full Tang Professional Kitchen Chef Knife
- 10. Imarku Butcher Knife Handmade Serbian Chef Knife
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Serbian Chef Knife – Buying Guide
If you are a hunter then a Serbian knife is the perfect tool to cut through thick meat and bones. It has an ideal weight and sharpness, which makes it comfortable for you to hold and powerful enough to cut vegetables and meat delicately with precision. While the best Serbian chef knife is much resourceful, it is still made of metal and can be prone to rust. So you should sharpen it regularly to keep the blade sharp.
Factors to consider:
- Sharpness-A Serbian style chef knife is popular among chefs because of the sharpness of its blade. A blunt knife will be of no use in the kitchen and that is why the knife you get must be sharp. The sharper the knife, the more efficient you get! A sharp knife will be able to chop, dice, slice, and mince nicely and smoothly. The best Serbian chef knife is resourceful because a professional will not lose control of it. It is a safe option for the chef!
- Balance-The weight of the knife determines its balance. Whether you are comfortable with the knife while working depends on the weight of the knife. If the knife is heavy from one side then working with that knife may get difficult. Some people may like lightweight knives and some prefer heavy knives. It varies from chef to chef. The best Serbian chef knife is well-balanced on both sides and will be comfortable to work with. You can check the Serbian chef knife review to see what other people have to say.
- Handle-The handle of a knife can be made from different materials like wood, plastic, metal, etc. It is the part that you hold while working with the knife. This is a matter of comfort for the user. If you are not used to the weight of the material then it might be uncomfortable to work with. This depends on your preference, the size, and the strength of your hands. If you do not have the option of holding the knife, be sure to check the Serbian chef knife review.
- Material– A Serbian cooking knife is hand-forged. They can be made from a variety of materials but most of them are made of stainless steel. They are strong and easy to sharpen. They are also less prone to rusting and stay sharp for a long time. Some high-quality knives are also made from carbon steel. It is a stronger metal but is a little more prone to rusting than stainless steel. So, you have to be careful in cleaning it and sharpen it from time to time.
- Quality-A knife is only useful if it stays sharp. The blade is made out of metal, which tends to rust and corrode. The handmade Serbian chef knife is known for its sharp blade. Some knives start rusting faster than others and there are some steps you can take to slow it down. Rusting happens from oxygenation so it is important to dry the knife immediately after cleaning. It should be easy to sharpen. The best Serbian chef knife will provide you comfort and it will be easy to maintain.
Best Serbian Chef Knife Reviews
Let us move on and dive into the review of the best Serbian chef knife:
This is a butcher’s knife with a sharp blade and the perfect balance. It is a great cleaver for cutting meat and chopping vegetables. Its sharp blade allows you to cut paper-thin slices of fruits and vegetables effortlessly. It is a handmade Serbian chef knife forged from high carbon steel. As it is not stainless steel, you need to keep it dry after cleaning and sharpen it to prevent rusting. It is a lightweight cleaver knife and weighs only 379 grams.
This is a Serbian cooking knife with a blade length of 7.8 inches. The blade thickness is 2.5mm. The blade goes through a vacuum heated treatment and cooling treatment. The material is extremely tough with a hardness of 58 HRC. It has a wave-shaped wooden handle with rivet fixing. It is a high-quality knife, which comes with a 12-month warranty. It is well-designed and is comfortable to hold. It has a classic forged texture, which gives it a beautiful look.
- It is made from carbon steel, which is a strong and sturdy material.
- The handle has a comfortable grip and an ergonomic no-slip design.
- The hard steel makes the blade extremely sharp and durable.
- It is double-beveled with a full tang blade for left and right-handed people.
- It is a multi-functional knife that can be used for chopping vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, or any other food item.
The handmade knife by VK Damascus is the best Serbian chef knife. It is made from high-quality carbon steel and is highly durable. It is a cleaver chopper that can be used for cutting or chopping anything in the kitchen. The handle has a solid grip so that you can do your work comfortably in the kitchen. It is the perfect gift for someone who loves to cook or loves barbecuing. It has a cutting edge that is useful in cutting vegetables and meat with precision.
The overall length of the knife is 11.5 inches. The blade length is 7 inches. The blade is 3.5mm thick. The cover it comes with prevents it from rusting. It also comes in handy for traveling and keeps the knife safe. You can sharpen it with a stone or apply vegetable oil to it for keeping it sharp. It is beautifully made and has a forged texture. This product is worth it and will come in use for many years.
- This is a handmade Serbian chef knife forged from carbon steel, which is strong and sturdy.
- It comes with a high-quality leather sheath for storing the knife and prevents it from rusting.
- The forged full-tang blade is sharp and durable with a hardness of 55-58 HRC.
- The handle is made from pakka wood and has a good grip for more efficiency in the kitchen.
- It is well-made and is well-balanced.
This is a meat cleaver knife with a thin blade. It is the number 1 bestseller on Amazon and has many great reviews from satisfied customers. The knife is 11.7-inches long. It has a full tang integrated blade that is 6.7 inches long and 4.92 inches wide. The blade has a thickness of 0.15 inches and can masterfully cut fruits, vegetables, meat, and de-bone. For maximum sharpness, tilt the knife at 15-degrees and then use it. It includes a cover that is useful while traveling.
The knife has a nice weight and is well-balanced. It will not cause any fatigue or discomfort to the wrist while working. This knife is a beast with a strong design and strength. The handle has rivets and comfortable to grip. The blade is made from manganese steel, which is really hard and increases the durability of the knife. This knife should be kept in a dry place. It is easy to clean. You must oil it after cleaning to keep it sharp.
- The blade is from high carbon stainless steel and is an ideal tool for any professional.
- It comes with a leather sheath that protects the knife from rusting.
- This knife is easy to maintain and re-sharpen.
- The handle and the blade are integrated, which provides durability and prevents the handle from breaking.
- The knife has a wooden handle with an ergonomic non-slip design.
This is a real handmade Serbian chef knife. It is straight, sharp, and tough. It is forged beautifully and is made from high-quality steel. It is a massive knife but not too bulky. It is a versatile and multi-purpose tool. You can use this cleaver for almost anything, like chopping, dicing, slicing, or cutting through touch meat and tendons. It cuts like butter. It is well-made and is balanced. It is fully-hand made and the specially shaped blade gives extra power.
The blade is 7.8-inches long. It is thick from the back and thin at the edges, which requires high skills and a lot of time. This knife is made from San Mai construction. It is an ancient forging technique that was used to construct Japanese samurai swords. Talk about heavy! The material is not of stainless steel and for that you need to keep it dry to prevent rusting. It will last for a lifetime with some effortless maintenance. The wooden handle has an ergonomic wave shape with rivets.
- It includes a cow leather sheath to store the knife and has a pocket in front to store smaller knives.
- It is made from high carbon steel that provides strength and keeps the blade sharp.
- It also consists of high-quality manganese steel for added toughness and durability.
- It features a 3-layer full tang construction.
- Both sides of the blade are wear-resistant and it is double-beveled.
This handmade Serbian chef’s knife is ideal for cutting vegetables and meat. Its blade length is 7 inches. The blade is 0.2 inches thick and cuts all food items with utmost precision. It features a handle made from black pakka wood. The handle is 4.7 inches long and it is super compatible with hands for the added ease of cutting and dicing. It is forged by professional blacksmiths using an ancient technique from the east. You can even cut wood with this hardened blade!
It weighs 0.95 pounds. It is nicely balanced and the extra weight only gives it more cutting power. It is crafted from sarchah Serbian steel and is made to provide lifelong sharpness. The high carbon requires maintenance to make sure to clean it and dry it immediately. It goes through years of forging and that is why it is so tough and sturdy. You can easily sharpen it with a stone and keep it oiled when not in use.
- This knife is forged from high carbon steel, which provides extreme sharpness and toughness.
- The thin blade cuts through tough meat smoothly and effortlessly.
- It comes with a cotton sheath to protect the knife from rust and it comes in handy while traveling.
- It features afull-tang integrated steel shank and a wooden handle with rivets for a good grip.
- It is a multi-purpose knife that is durable and easy to maintain.
This is a high-quality hand-forged butcher cleaver knife. This cleaver knife is different from all the other knives. It goes through the process of quenching and cold forging multiple times. It has a dense steel structure and a uniform composition. It is hand-forged so it has higher carbon content and all the impurities are eliminated during the forging process. Each knife has a unique hand-forged pattern. The construction creates a classic texture and black spots on the surface of the blade.
The sharp blade easily cuts through tough meat without sticking to it. The thick back of the knife cuts bones effortlessly. It is best for cutting all kinds of vegetables. The multiple forging processes make the blade thin. The thickness of the blade is 5mm. The robust handle has reinforced rivets for a better grip, which eases the wrist while working swiftly. It is easy to maneuver the knife with its ergonomically designed handle.
- The full-tang wooden handle has a steel blade inserted integrally that has one-piece molding and no splicing.
- It is forged from high carbon steel, which is sharper and more durable than stainless steel.
- The knife is hand polished and the blade has a long-lasting sharpness.
- It is easy to maintain and the knife is well-balanced to minimize wrist tension.
- It comes with a unique leather knife cover to protect the knife from rusting and to carry it easily while traveling.
This is the perfect Serbian cooking knife for the adventurer and the cook in you. It is a sharp knife that you can take with you on trekking and barbecuing. And it is just as useful indoors! It is lightweight and well-balanced. It weighs only 400 grams. It is made from a traditional technique called cladding, which increases the flexibility and the strength of the blade. The heavy blade of this knife is 4mm thick and is crafted in a bushcraft style.
The wooden handle has 3 brass reinforced rivets that provide additional strength and durability to the knife. The unique V-shaped blade has a sharp edge. It is sharp enough to cut through small bones and cartilages. It can also cut wood splinters to make a bonfire! The full-tang structure makes it more reliable. This knife has an optimum rating of 57-59 HRC, which provides it high-edge retention and toughness. The high carbon content makes this knife damage-resistant.
- The heavy-duty handle is made from real wood, which is eco-friendly and gives it a rustic look.
- The ergonomic design provides comfort and relieves aches during long hours of working in the kitchen.
- This handmade Serbian chef knife is made from high carbon stainless steel which provides razor sharpness.
- It comes with a genuine cow leather sheath that is handstitched by skilled professionals.
- It also includes an acacia wood handmade round cutting board that is sturdy and has a diameter of 10 inches.
This Serbian style chef knife is hand-forged. It cuts vegetables and meat expertly and flawlessly. It makes neat and precise cuts. It is a chef’s and a butcher’s best friend! These handmade knives last much longer as compared to the knives made mechanically in factories. They are sharpened manually. They use knife grinders from Mount Emei to sharpen the blade. The handle blade is made tough and sturdy during the forging process.
This knife is razor-sharp. If you are looking for an all-purpose knife, then this is the best option for you. It is strong enough to cut through small bones and tendons. It is crafted from the fine grinding process of a mechanical grinding wheel. The handle has a comfortable grip. It has ridges at the base to provide stability. It is light and only weighs 545 grams. It is made from stainless steel, which means it is less prone to rust and lasts for a long time.
- This is a high carbon clad steel Serbian knife that consists of manganese steel for firmness and durability.
- The blade is integrated into the handle without soldering, which prevents the breakage of the handle while working.
- The ergonomically designed handle is made from high-quality stainless steel and wood.
- The blade and the handle are well-balanced, comfortable, and sturdy.
- The handle is not easy to deform and has a non-slip design.
This is a professional kitchen chef knife, which is a favorite of many chefs. It is a multi-purpose cleaver knife. You can use it indoors to chop vegetables, cut meat, or de-boning lamb or chicken. You can also use it outdoors for fishing, trekking, camping, or barbecuing. The net weight of this knife is 13.05 oz. Its full length is 12 inches. The blade is 7.8 inches long and 3.6 inches wide. The extra-wide blade is hand forged by master craftsmen. It has a radian curve design.
The blade has a blackish texture because of the forging process. The knife is made and sharpened manually by professional workers. The equilibrium between the tenacity and rigidity of this knife makes it last longer. This steel knife is made from a 7Cr17mov, which is wear-resistant steel used to make Chinese knives. It has high carbon and chromium content that prevents rust. This knife has good edge retention and easy to sharpen. It is massive but not at all bulky.
- It is hand-forged from stainless steel, which provides durability and keeps the blade rust-free for years.
- The wooden handle is crafted from natural ebony with a red G10+ brass ring at the base.
- It is made from a unique technology with various heating methods that make the knife tough and durable.
- It has a full tang construction and the handle has an ergonomic non-slip design.
- The handle and the blade are well-balanced and the knife is sturdy.
This is a Serbian chef knife that is forged from high carbon clad steel. The blade is 7 inches long and 4 inches wide. The blade has a texture on it because it was hand-forged. The blade and the handle are integrated firmly without soldering. This prevents the handle from breaking and the knife stays in the same condition for years. This knife can not only cut through tough meat and vegetables but also bones, ribs, etc. The blade is so sharp that it can through frozen food too.
This butcher’s knife looks great and has an impeccable quality. It has a razor-sharp blade. You can tilt the knife to 15 degrees for maximum sharpness. The high carbon content means you should not leave acidic or alkaline substances on the knife. You have to clean it right away after use and keep it dry. This multi-purpose Serbian butcher knife is a must-have in the kitchen. The blade is hardened after multiple forging processes and is very sharp. It has good strength and durability with a strong design.
- This chef knife is made from high-quality 5cr15moc German stainless steel.
- The high carbon clad steel provides properties like hardness, sharpness, and strength.
- It comes with a leather sheath that is easy to hang on your belt and has a fixed buckle to keep the knife from skidding.
- The ergonomic full tang handle is comfortable to grip and has a non-slip design.
- The knife has good strength and is well-balanced to minimize wrist fatigue and provides full control to the chef.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who makes the best Serbian chef knife?
The handmade carbon steel Serbian cooking knife by VK Damascus is one of the best knives for chefs. It is forged from high carbon steel that makes the knife durable and tough. It has a sharp blade that can cut and chop anything with much precision. It has a hardness of 55-58 HRC.
The 7-inch Serbian style chef knife by Imarku is another amazing knife and it is a bestseller on Amazon. It is made from high carbon stainless steel. It is easy to maintain and re-sharpen. It has a good balance and has a non-slip design.
2. What is a Serbian chef knife used for?
A Serbian chef knife is a versatile tool that is ideal for cutting, chopping, dicing, and slicing any food item. It has a unique blade design. Its blade is wider and sharper than normal knives. They can effortlessly pierce tough meat and can also cut through bones! They are ideal for cutting vegetables and meat delicately and precisely. They are often used for de-boning a fish, a chicken, or a lamb. A Serbian cooking knife is considered to be the best cleaver and chopper.
3. What brand of knives do professional chefs prefer?
The KOPALA fully handmade Kitchen Knife Cleaver is a knife preferred by many professionals. It is made from high carbon steel that provides strength and keeps the blade sharp. It also consists of high-quality manganese steel for added toughness and durability. It features a 3-layer full tang construction. Both sides of the blade are wear-resistant and it is double-beveled. It is a versatile and multi-purpose tool. It is ideal for cutting vegetables and meat. Its blade is sharp enough to cut through tough meat and bones like slicing butter.
4. What is a Serbian chef knife?
A Serbian knife is also called a cook’s knife. It is often used by professionals because of its sharp blade and unique design. Its blade ranges from 6-14 inches. It has a sharper blade than most traditional knives and it effortlessly cuts through tough meat. The best Serbian chef knife can even cut through bone. A Serbian knife is used to de-bone a lamb, chicken, or fish. The blade is sharpened on both sides and most knives are double-beveled.
5. Are Almazan knives good?
An Almazan knife and a Serbian knife are mostly alike. Almazan knives are made in Almazan but they are forged in the same style as Serbian knives. They have heavy blades that prove to be quite powerful while cutting meat and vegetables. The blade is ideal for piercing rigid meat and bones. The blade has a sharp edge that comes in handy in the kitchen for chopping and slicing. Almazan knives are sturdy, durable, sharp, and tough. They may need re-sharpening once in a while to prevent them from rusting.