Once you start eating seaweed snacks, you get addicted to it. They’re very tasty, rich in flavor, and have a huge list of health benefits. With mass production and globalized networks, even seaweed markets have been revolutionized. Thus, many companies have started producing different types of seaweeds.
Since they come in many drastically different types, many consumers find it hard to find the best seaweed snacks. So, we have decided to compile a list of the best seaweed snack brands. For this, we did some meticulous research, tested them ourselves, and took customers’ reviews.
gimMe Organic Roasted Seaweed Sheets
Jayone Seaweed, Roasted and Lightly Salted
Annie Chun’s Baked Seaweed Crisps
Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks
FCV Kirkland Organic Seaweed Snack
SeaSnax Organic Roasted Seaweed Snack
Trader Joe’s Organic Roasted Teriyaki Seaweed Snack
- Best Seaweed Snacks – Buying Guide
- Factors You Need to Look for in Best Seaweed Snacks
- Best Seaweed Snacks Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.What is the best seaweed snack?
- 2.What is the best seaweed to eat?
- 3.Can you eat too many seaweed snacks?
- 4.Is seaweed good for hair growth?
- 5.Does seaweed make you poop?
- 6.How much seaweed snack is too much?
- 7.Is seaweed good for detox?
- 8.How much seaweed should I eat daily?
- 9.Is seaweed good for high blood pressure?
- 10.Which seaweed is best for iodine?
Best Seaweed Snacks – Buying Guide
Factors like size, taste, texture, and others matter a lot when it comes to finding the best seaweed chips. Look for these characteristics with care while deciding what seaweed snack to buy.
Factors You Need to Look for in Best Seaweed Snacks
- Existence of Preservatives, MSGs, and Colors: If your seaweed snack contains all these harmful elements, it can potentially be harmful to your health in the long run. So, ensure that the snacks don’t contain them.
- Texture: Seaweed snacks with a lightweight, crunchy, and crispy texture taste better. If seaweeds are soggy and wet, they’re not delicious.
Best Seaweed Snacks Reviews
Founded in 2012, gimMe is a company that sells some of the best seaweed snacks in the market. The seaweed sheets are super healthy and come in multiple flavors including cheese, sesame, wasabi, honey-dijon, etc. This is a great initiative to counter the consumption of unhealthy junk like potato chips that dominate the market.
The company offers the best roasted seaweed snacks that are ideal for on-the-go snacking. They also have nori sheets that are meant to be used for making sushi rolls or kimbap. Their seaweed is grown and harvested sustainably in South Korea, where the world’s best seaweed is cultivated.
This particular product is a pack of 20 organic roasted seaweed snacks that are teriyaki flavored. It is packed with protein, vitamins, and fiber so this amount of nutrition will be really beneficial for both kids and adults. One can take them for lunch-boxes, either to school or workspaces.
- It’s a great vegan, keto, and gluten-free substitute for eating carb-intense chips.
- It provides plenty of Omega 3’s and iodine.
- They’re not only healthy, they taste super delicious. The sheets are lightly salted and perfectly crispy! Thus, you can understand why these seaweeds are the best Korean seaweed snack.
- Customers have commended its amazing high quality. There’s a slightly sweet, savory, and smoky taste to it.
- The texture of the seaweed is quite interesting as it starts like a crispy chip, then starts melting in your mouth.
- The fishy taste, mixed with the teriyaki sauce and salt makes it incredibly tasty. You can have this alone or add it to your soup or salad for more zest.
Jayone Foods is one of the best seaweed snack brands. It was founded in 2000 and its main goal was to produce high-quality seaweed, tofu, and other Korean products at affordable prices.
Besides the versatile selection of seaweed, Jayone also sells many other Korean groceries. This includes gochujang sauce, kimchi, Korean red chili pepper flakes powder, etc.
This Jayone roasted seaweed product is a pack of 24 boxes. And each box has around 15-20 sheets. This one is nutty flavored and much better than the seaweed made by American brands, which are either too oily or thick.
- It’s perfectly crispy, thin, and salted, and seasoned lightly.
- It’s a very good alternative to potato chips. It’s all-natural with no sugar or MSG and contains only 30 calories per pack.
- It is a rich source of iodine, minerals, and vitamins. So it will be a great nutritious lunchbox item not only for children but also for adults.
- It is ready-to-serve and the small size is perfect to carry in your bag for on-the-go snacking.
- The taste is very high-quality. For people who prefer less salt, buy this Jayone seaweed instead of the gimMe one. It is lightly salted with natural sea salt and gives a delicious nutty flavor.
- One great benefit to eating this is that it’s gluten-free and vegan. The sesame oil and canola oil used in making it are also non-GMO. For this reason, many consumers call this one of the best seaweed chips.
- This is truly one of the best seaweed snacks. It contains no preservatives, cholesterol, and trans fat.
Annie Chun’s is a company founded in 1992 that is most well-known for selling instant, Asian-inspired dishes. This includes a variety of easy-to-prepare products such as their soup bowls, noodle bowls that come in different flavors like spicy miso, peanut sesame, etc.
They also sell cooking sauces, rice, noodles, and some of the best seaweed snacks available in the market. They have both ready-to-eat seaweed snacks as well as seaweed crisps.
This specific product is a pack of organic baked seaweed crisps. This is a combination of roasted seaweed snacks layered on top of crispy, brown rice chips. These seaweed crisps are delicious. If you love the usual seaweed snacks, you will definitely enjoy this as well.
- This seaweed product is lightly salted and not greasy. The crunch and crispiness are amazing.
- These are oven-baked, and not fried making it a very healthy snack option.
- They don’t contain any trans fat and are cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and completely vegan. These are the seaweed snacks good for you.
- It’s very low in calories and will be a great option for light snacks and munchies if you want to avoid carbs.
- The brown rice chips add a little sweetness so these seaweed crisps are sweeter than the usual seaweed snacks.
- It’s perfect as a substitute for popcorn on movie-nights or you can take it for school lunches.
Wickedly Prime is Amazon’s private label that was created to target the foodies. Their seaweed collection is one of the best seaweed snacks you’ll find on the internet to order. Their seaweed is sustainably cultivated without any harmful pesticides and harvested in protected bays of South Korea.
After harvest, the seaweed stems are sun-dried using traditional methods. This ensures that the seaweeds produced are of high-quality.
The Wickedly Prime organic roasted seaweed snacks are incredibly delicious. They will surely wake up your tongue with its strong, pungent wasabi flavor. They are great options for snacking at home, office, or school as they have just the right amount of crunch and crispiness.
- They contain only 25 calories per serving. So you can comfortably snack away without worrying about carbs.
- The sheets are thin and light yet packs a solid crunchy texture to it.
- They’re sprinkled with spicy wasabi notes that will induce a delicious tingling feeling that a lot of people are addicted to!
- Twenty four packs that weigh 0.17 ounce are included in this package.
- They are organic, non-GMO, and are sustainably sourced.
- They also don’t contain cholesterol and have very less calories while also providing many useful nutrients including protein, Vitamin C, A. That’s why it’s only one of the healthiest seaweed snacks.
- These seaweed sheets are not oily and the taste is super savory. It’s much more flavorful compared to the plain-flavored seaweed.
FCV is a company that is quite popular among many foodies for its amazing collection of food items. It sells food items ranging from chicken stock to seaweed snacks. Its food collection is a remarkable collection to have in times of merrymaking and fun.
These seaweed snacks are great additions to your food. Also, they’re flavored with beautiful ingredients and have an amazing taste. That’s why many consumers swear that this snack is one of the best seaweed snacks.
- In many ways, this Kirkland organic snack is unique and impressive in its taste. It stands out from other countless seaweed snacks available in plenty in many stores. Since these seaweeds are seaweeds harvested in winters from South Korea, you can rest assured that this is of top-tier quality. That’s probably why for some consumers, it’s the best Korean seaweed snack.
- Many scientists and local knowledge affirm that the winter season is the best season for growing seaweed. This is due to how the cold temperatures of the water make the seaweed grow at its own slow and natural pace. This gives it time to absorb all the amazing nutrients. As FCV takes time to source such authentic seaweed for you, you can say it’s the best seaweed snack brand.
- This seaweed harvested in winter is very lightweight and has a crispy, crunchy texture.
- The flavor of this seaweed is very rich, dynamic, and savory.
- This seaweed doesn’t have any added preservatives, MSG, flavors, or food colorings. That’s why it’s one of the top seaweed snacks.
- This seaweed snack has a lot of remarkable vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. So, you can say these are the seaweed snacks good for you.
SeaSnax is a food company founded by a young mother, Jin Jun in 2009. She decided to found this company because she wanted to complete the mission of giving children healthy snacks. She decided to do so after her daughter’s favorite food, seaweed.
SeaSnax is dedicated to giving the best seaweed snacks to many consumers. It is dedicated to the commitment of sourcing the best quality ingredients which are sourced using ethical means.
These ingredients including seaweed have been sourced from local cooperative farms in South Korea. These farms have USDA Organic certifications.
- Organic olive oil has been used in the seaweed snacks made by SeaSnax.
- This organic seaweed is of top-notch quality and has been harvested using sustainable methods.
- This seaweed snack is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. This is why it’s one of the seaweed snacks good for you.
- There are no added preservatives, colors, and genetically modified ingredients in the seaweed snacks. Also, it has low fat, is free of cholesterol, and Whole 30 approved. That’s why it’s one of the top seaweed snacks.
- These seaweed snacks have been roasted and thus, have a very rich and vibrant flavor. Due to this, many call this the best roasted seaweed snack.
- SeaSnax produces many flavors of its seaweed snacks. Some of them are jalapeno, lime, BBQ, sea salt, and wasabi.
Trader Joe’s is an American chain of neighborhood grocery stores that sells a vast variety of products including organic, vegetarian foods, gourmet foods, imported drinks/foods, frozen foods, etc. There are great quality products available at affordable prices.
Among its products, they also sell seaweed with its own brand name attached to it. This Trader Joe’s product includes six mini packs of roasted seaweed snacks.
Many customers have praised the quality and recommended this as one of the best seaweed snack brand. The crunch and the teriyaki flavor is super addictive and you’re sure to love it as well.
- The ingredients are clean and healthy. This will be a great alternative option to snack on instead of the usual carb-loaded potato chips.
- Besides the savory addictive teriyaki flavor, this seaweed product contains only 30 calories per pack! So you can munch away comfortably without worrying about consuming junk.
- The seaweed itself, roasted sesame oil, sunflower oil, and teriyaki powder used in making this product are all verified organic.
- Such clean ingredients make it one of the best seaweed snacks! It’s a super ideal for children to consume freely. They’ll love the taste and gain nutritious benefits at the same time.
- You can cut the mini seaweed sheets into thin strips and sprinkle them in salads, soups, rice, chicken, fish, etc. This will add an interesting flavor and zest to any meal!
Read more such food related posts here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is the best seaweed snack?
Choosing the best seaweed snack is ultimately your choice. In terms of health benefits, the sea salt one may be very healthy. But all seaweed snacks do have similar health benefits to offer consumers.
2.What is the best seaweed to eat?
This depends on what taste you like because all seaweeds do have a good range of health benefits.
3.Can you eat too many seaweed snacks?
Yes, you can eat too many seaweed snacks. As seaweed has a high amount of iodine, it’s best that you moderately consume it.
4.Is seaweed good for hair growth?
Since seaweed contains a lot of zinc, Vitamins A and C, you can see great effects on your hair and skin. Hair growth can increase substantially.
5.Does seaweed make you poop?
No, seaweed doesn’t make you poop. However, if you eat spicy ones, there is a fair chance you’ll poop a lot.
6.How much seaweed snack is too much?
Seaweeds have a high amount of iodine and too much consumption of it can lead to diseases like thyroid dysfunction and others. The WHO recommends iodine consumption of about 150 mcg.
7.Is seaweed good for detox?
Seaweeds contain minerals that help in the easy removal of harmful toxins from the body.
8.How much seaweed should I eat daily?
Keep seaweed consumption to a bare minimum as it contains a lot of iodine. It’s very healthy but too much of anything is never good.
9.Is seaweed good for high blood pressure?
Since seaweeds have high potassium content, increased consumption of it can lower blood pressure.
10.Which seaweed is best for iodine?
It’s hard to say which type is the best for iodine. However, kelp does contain the highest amount of iodine. This can either be a good or bad thing depending on your health concerns.