It is a well-known fact that a slice of banana bread is healthy for your heart. Bananas are an excellent source of protein and emerging boosting fats. Baking the best banana bread without baking soda is not rocket science. You can easily bake perfect bread at home considering you know all the best tips. In this article, we won’t only talk about how to bake banana bread but also tips and add ons that you can give to your bread to boost its nutritional value.
- Benefits of Easy Banana bread without baking soda
- Tips for easy banana bread recipe without baking soda
- Recipe of Baking Banana bread without baking soda
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What can I use in place of baking soda in banana bread?
- 2. What can you use if you don’t have baking soda?
- 3. Can I use vinegar instead of baking soda?
- 4. What happens if you leave baking soda out of a recipe?
- 5. Can I use yeast instead of baking soda in banana bread?
- 6. How do you make banana bread from scratch without baking soda?
Benefits of Easy Banana bread without baking soda
Banana is one of the healthiest fruit and therefore we include bananas with various food including bread. It is not advisable to opt for packaged banana bread as they have a more negative effect than positive ones. They are high in calories, fats, and sugar. Also, the freshness of the bread is always in doubt.
- Healthy Heart
Bananas are high in fiber and work extremely well for the heart. Consuming fiber-rich food like bananas can lower down the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Boost your energy
Healthy banana bread without baking soda is made of ingredients like white flour and whole-grain with bananas. You can even incorporate additional ingredients like nuts and carrots to make it healthier. These combined ingredients boost your energy like no other. Also, fiber helps in improving digestive health.
- Healthy Fats
Due to the presence of monounsaturated fats, banana contains healthy fats. You can boost the intake of healthy fats by adding ingredients like olive oil and nuts. If you have sweet tooth but want to control the blood sugar level, then a slice of banana bread without baking soda is the best option.
Tips for easy banana bread recipe without baking soda
Everyone uses all-purpose flour. However, if you want you can use 100% whole-wheat flour or a combination of whole-wheat flour and all-purpose flour. You must know that using whole-wheat flour entirely will change the texture of the banana bread no baking soda.
- Substitute baking soda.
Baking soda makes your bread more fluffy. Hence, you cannot skip on this part. However, it is possible to bake an easy banana bread recipe without baking soda. There are two substitutes, which are:-
- Baking powder
The thumb rule is that you have to use 3x more baking powder than baking soda. So if you put in one spoon of baking soda then, you have to use three spoons of baking powder.
If you want to bake banana bread without baking powder, then you can opt for 2nd substitute, which is yeast. It works perfectly fine to make your bread more fluffy and give a perfect texture. You have to mix it with the ingredient. You have to cover the mixing bowl with a dishtowel. Place the bowl at a warm temperature for an hour. However, don’t leave it for more than an hour, or else the dough will gain double its size.
- Make use of ripe bananas.
The most important tip I would like to give is never to use green bananas. The banana cannot be riper when it comes to baking the easy banana bread with no baking soda. We would suggest that you should keep your bananas for a day to make them browner and overripe. Don’t use green bananas.
You can even quickly rip the bananas by keeping them in a brown paper bag for a day or two. Also, you can bake them. Baking the banana is a real quick solution to ripen them.
- Add flavor
You can add flavor to the bread by adding ingredients like salt, vanilla essence, and cinnamon. You can easily sprinkle cinnamon powder on the freshly baked banana bread without baking soda.
If you are egg-Italian, then you can even add eggs to give stability to your bread.
We have given you enough tips to make you an expert in the banana bread recipe without baking soda. Now let us get into the business and let you know the recipe.
Recipe of Baking Banana bread without baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3-4 smashed bananas
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cup of all-purpose flour. You can use 100% whole wheat flour or a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour.
Step-by-step instructions to make the best banana bread without baking soda
- The first and foremost step is to crush the bananas. This step is no biggie. You can use methods like blending, smashing, and squishing. The end gold is getting a pile of mashed bananas. You can smash the banana with a fork. Ripe bananas will be easier to smash and give the bread the sweetest flavor.
- Next step is preparing the loaf pan. You have to apply some grease. My favorite is butter, but you can also use coconut oil or cooking spray. Use butter paper so that you can remove the bread effortlessly.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F
- Gather the ingredients and make sure that you have creamed the butter and sugar. You can cream together with the help of a paddle or whisk using your mixer. You can add eggs to mashed bananas and add vanilla. Now mix all the ingredients.
- Stir cinnamon, flour, and salt. Don’t over-mix the dough. It is advisable to use a hand to mix the ingredients. If you are not comfortable using your hand, then use a spatula. Once it is done, then add the mixture into the cream mixture.
- Place the batter into the loaf pan and keep it in the oven. You can add a thin slice of banana on the top of the banana bread without baking soda to make it look appealing. Bake the banana bread for one hour and fifty-five minutes.
- You toothpick to check whether it is baked properly or not. If you insert the toothpick in the middle of the banana bread, then it should come out clean.
- You banana bread no baking powder is ready.
These are some extra ingredients, which you can add to make your bread tastier and healthier.
You can add carrots to give extra color and flavor to your cake. Not only that but, it makes your cake way healthier than before.
Who doesn’t love chocolate in bread? You can add a few choco chips or chunks of chocolates to give your tongue a delicious treat. However, for a healthier option, we would suggest to ad cocoa powder. You can add ½ cup of cocoa powder. If you are on diet then this is your best option. It is healthy, and it is tasty.
Nuts are a great source of energy, nutrients, and minerals. You can ass walnut, cashew, almonds, and many more.
- Protein powder
If you want to make your easy banana bread without baking soda healthy, then you can add protein powder as well. You can add vanilla or chocolate flavor protein to make it tastier and healthier.
- Another fruit
Add another type of fruit like mango, blueberries, strawberries, and others to make it the best breakfast ever.
- If you are using the glass loaf pan then it is advisable to lower the temperature by 25 degrees F
- While baking if you see that the top layer of the bread is getting brown quickly then cover it with aluminum foil paper.
- Let the banana bread cool down for 5 to 10 minutes, and then start cutting the slice.
- You can store the bread for 2 days at room temperature and a week in the refrigerator.
If you are wondering that Can you Freeze Banana Bread? you can check our detailed article to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I use in place of baking soda in banana bread?
You can use baking powder or yeast in place of baking soda.
2. What can you use if you don’t have baking soda?
If you don’t have baking soda then use baking powder or yeast.
3. Can I use vinegar instead of baking soda?
Yes, the acidic nature of vinegar makes it a perfect substitute for baking soda or baking powder. You can use ¼ teaspoon of vinegar instead of 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
4. What happens if you leave baking soda out of a recipe?
You can substitute it with other ingredients like baking powder, baking soda, or vinegar. If you omit these ingredients, then the texture of the bread may not come as good as you expect.
5. Can I use yeast instead of baking soda in banana bread?
Yes, yeast is the perfect substitute.
6. How do you make banana bread from scratch without baking soda?
Mash the bananas
Mix ingredients like sugar and butter. Gather all the ingredients.
Prepare the loaf pan
Preheat at 350 degrees F
Prepare the dough by adding all-purpose flour, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix the dough and cream mixture
Pore in the loaf pan and bake it for 1 hour 55 minutes.